Tuesday, August 9, 2011

At His Knees.


I sat before God…
I sat down at my maker’s feet…
Grabbing on to the only one that remains solid
The One whose love is without question.
                                             
I sat at my maker’s feet
I asked the one who watches over me
Where He had been lately
Why He had been silent
And why my heart was aching

Because the pain was numbing me
And the nightmares were now frequent.
I told Him that loves my soul,
Him, the lover of my spirit
I told Him the truth
The truth I could tell no one else
That I was all wrung out of strength
The fight in me was burned down…down to cold and lifeless ashes
I told the one whose love I had come to depend on
Told him that this time, I was out of my element
This fight, I could not take on.

I sat at the knees of the one my soul loves
The one who redeemed my lost self
Told Him I was losing my way. Again.
I told the Lord, the Lord of my life
Told Him I was spent
And, could use a lift.
From the dumps. From the hurt. The mess.


I sat at the feet of my maker.
And asked Him to make it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment