Monday, August 29, 2011

Mscchhhheeewww.

Yes. That is a jeer. We are ranting and words just won’t do. Ok. Scratch that. I am ranting. But no, scratch that again. Erique spent Friday afternoon roaming the streets of Kololo. I allow that the frown is characteristic. But the fist aimed at the sky is not. Even the askaris on the affluent streets let him be. He looked that dejected. So yes, we are ranting.
For our country.
For the pearl that has become the proverbial gold ring-in-swine’s –nose.  These are hard times, people. If you thought living in a cell phone-less era was hard work, try living in the era where you cannot afford airtime for the damn phone. And no, I cannot do without it. What am I supposed to do? Mail my comment to Face Book?
Maureen Likes This!!


So in lieu of the harsh winds that are blowing across our country, I am venting my frustrations on those I believe are to blame. No, I cannot point to myself. I am well-bred Ugandan who will always find cause for my unhappiness in other peoples’ decisions. I take after my leaders please. IE “Where were you when I and others were fighting in the bush for the "peace and tranquillity" that now prevails?” Putting to question-

·       The parents- Charity begins at home. So does quarrelling. Where were you when other parents were setting up home in serious countries, huh? Dubai, Switzerland…and you chose Uganda. Even Tanzania would have made more sense. They have real beaches (we have shores!!)
The real deal.
Okay. You loved the weather. Couldn't you have found your way to cabinet? Then I’d at least attend book launches while other people’s parents pay taxes for our 4wheel drives. Uganda. Eish.

·       GOD- I get that you have a sense of humour. You created Miley out of a rock star dad. Lolest. But this joke has been unfunny for a while now. Do you not get that its time for Jesus to come back? And save our cowardly selves? We have beds so no manger business. And UPE.

·       Gavumenti- I cannot even spell you properly. You’ve lost the plot so bad, you earned yourselves a new word. It translates to”way, way beneath the lowest level of incompetence” I mean...when the youth of the country turn to singing as occupation and WBS airs their videos minus any shame, then you know. It is time to find your shame. Tuswaale ko.

·       U$D- How a foreign currency can wreck this much havoc is beyond my frustrated mind. The country didn’t even colonise us. We are not related in any way. 
Sketch your baddez
They sent back the first man that tried his hand at figuring this out. I believe Seya’s forgeries were patriotic efforts gone wrong. We need to find the visible connection with our Shs. And then break it. We refuse to affiliate with anything that further takes down our country’s value. We’re not left with much.

No comments:

Post a Comment