Saturday, February 5, 2011

CAPTIVE.




You found your way into my dreams...again.
You always knew just how to get in:find your way into those parts of me that I held sacred.
You fought your way into my heart...You embedded your face on my mind...
And now you haunt my dreams.

I fight you more each day, fight to forget you, to rub away your mark..
But I fight a victor..You branded me...Made sure the print was permanent... the grip on me, firm.
You accused me of weakness,of running...of giving up.
You saw from the start, how easily I could take flight.I bruised you when I gave up on us.
You saw the weakness that made me put up walls..But held so tight those who got in.

You turned and used my weaknesses against me.
You knew that time was all you had before the demons took over.
So all my time you consumed.You became my waking song..the shadow that followed me all day..
And when night came, the warmth that took away the harshness of the day.
Even as I ran...and put all those questions in your eyes,
Causing pain only I could see.You fought on.

I ran to find freedom, and ease..I ran from you that held me so captive.
Only I ran back to you, with pain in your eyes.And victory in your look.
You that knew me best.And sees the defeat on my face.Defeat you put there.
I ran from you...back to you.You made your way in,swore never to leave.
To torture me back.Now my own dreams master me.
Once a willing captive...now am a haunted prisoner.

 Let Me Go,Please...

1 comment: